Monday, May 25, 2009

\\.::=Eleven=::.//

Me and Sidney made a pizza and were deciding on what to do. “Wanna watch a movie?” I asked sitting on the couch with Millie.
“Sure,” Sidney said as he pulled my feet onto his lap. “We should watch Friends!” he said excitedly.
“Friends, what’s that?” I asked rubbing behind Millie’s ears.
Sidney looked at me like I just told him I wasn’t human or something. “You have never watched Friends before?” he said with a blank face.
“Nope, fill me in.”
Sidney stood up and grabbed his keys. “I’ll be right back!” He ran out of my apartment and I assumed back to his car. He quickly came back in with a dvd. “This is the first season. Don’t ask why it’s in my car, it just is,” he said walking over to my tv and putting it in.

I grabbed a blanket and Sidney had me curl up with him and wrapped his arms around me. We ate the pizza and stayed up till three watching his favorite show. I slowly started drifting off and Sidney kissed my head. “Ready for bed, babe?” he asked sitting up.
“Yeah,” I mumbled. He took me to my room and pulled down my covers. “Thanks sir,” I said crawling into bed.
“You’re welcome, Raina,” he said kissing my forehead. “You mind if I sleep on the couch?” he asked nervously. “I just don’t like going back to the Lemieux’s so lame.”
“Its fine,” I said smiling at how cute he looked in his sweats and tee shirt he changed into. I wanted to invite him to sleep in my bed, but I wasn’t sure how to offer, or if I was really ready. But I guess my mouth made up my mind. “Come here,” I said grabbing his hand before he walked away.
“What’s up, babe,” he said softly.
I patted my bed and smiled. “Lay with me tonight.”
“Are you sure? I don’t want to-“
“Come on, I’m sleepy.” Sidney smiled and climbed onto the bed with me. I cuddled against his warm body and laid my head against the pillow. His arms wrapped around me and in seconds I drifted off. It was the first night I slept peacefully and so quickly.

The next day, Sidney was up early getting up of bed. I looked over at the clock that read 7 a.m. “Why are you up so early?” I yawed.
“Game in Long Island, sorry I didn’t tell you,” he said pulling on pants.
“Ooh,” I said sitting up. “You need anything?” I asked trying to sound awake.
“Nah, I’ll just get something on the plane.”
I got out of bed anyways. “I’ll make you something. Uh, what can you eat?” I asked pulling my hair up.
“Raina, I’m fine,” he chuckled.
“No, I’ll make something. Toast alright? Or eggs or something?” I said walking out of my room.
“Raina, I’m okay!” Sidney called to me. I heard him sigh, knowing he wasn’t going to win. “Yeah, eggs and toast are fine!”
I smiled, “Knew it!” I started getting food ready and Sidney came out a few minutes later. He must have gone to his car before I woke up and got his suit. “Do you just have suits lying around in your car?” I asked cracking an egg.
“Pretty much,” he said smiling. “So, what are you doing today?”
“Work, that’s all. Nothing excited,” I said shrugging. “Want something to drink?” I asked
“Any OJ,” Sid asked looking in the fridge.
“Yup, lower shelf.” I handed him a cup and finished his breakfast. I handed him a plate with his food and started cleaning up.
“Thank you, Raina,” He said grabbing the fork. “So, what are you doing for Christmas?”
“Not sure, probably go see my family or something. I think there’s a Christmas party at my aunt’s the day after tomorrow. And I might see my real family, too. I have no idea,” I laughed washing the skillet. “What about you?”
“Well, if you’re not busy, we always have a Christmas skate at the Mellon with the team. It’s next week actually, Friday.”
I thought about it for a moment. “Maybe, I’ll see what’s going on,” I smiled. Of course I want to go silly!!!
“Sweet,” Sid said smiling. “I guess I’m going up to Nova Scotia to see my family Christmas Eve. And then have to rush right back.”
“That hockey thing is hell, eh?” I laughed.
“Hey, I’m the Canadian,” he joked. “And yeah, it is pretty nuts.” Sidney finished his plate and went to wash it off. “Thanks for breakfast, Riana,” he said putting his plate in the dish washer.
“No problem,” I said smiling. Sid grabbed his stuff and I gave him a hug. “Good luck, Sid.”
“Thanks,” he said grinning. He pulled me into a deep kiss, holding the small of my back. His lips were just so perfect. “Good luck kiss,” he said smiling. “Bye, babe.”
“See ya, Sid,” I said giving him one last peck. He ran out the door and I sighed. I was going to miss him during this road trip… I was actually going to miss him. Like, wish he was home with me and laying on my couch eating and watching tv. Never seen that coming.

Thursday rolled around, and Sidney was in Boston. I made plans to go out to dinner with Jay and his girlfriend, Kendra. I headed to Joe’s Crab Shack and go a table near a tv. They have game on, ready to watch the Pens take on the Bruins.
The waiter came over to me and asked what I needed to start me off. “Hello, miss,” he greeted. “What’s a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?” he said with a sly grin.
I blushed and shook my head. “I’m waiting on someone friends, thanks.”
“Oh, I see. Well, can I get you a drink while you wait?”
“Sure, coke please.”
“Of course,” he winked and walked away. There was something about that guy that made me uncomfortable, but I couldn’t figure it out. I got comfortable in my seat and watched the tv as they interview with Sid. I listened carefully to his words, and how calm he was. That man amazed me.
I was soon joined by Jay and Kendra. “Hey, Jay Bird,” I said giving him a hug.
“Hey, Raina,” he said laughing. “How are you, babe?”
“Alright, how are you, Kendra?” I asked hugging her as well.
“Great, hope these Pens do good tonight!” she said excitedly. “That Crosby kid’s so hot,” she said staring at the tv as they took the ice.
“Yeah, he’s something else, eh, Raina?” Jay winked.
The waiter came back as I was blushing. “Here you, sweet heart,” he said smoothly. “I’m glad to see your friends showed,” he smiled. “I was thinking I was going have to occupy that spot myself. Can I get you two something to drink?”
“Two Buds please,” Jay said politely. The waiter gave me one last look before walking away. “Looks like someone’s a looker,” Jay laughed, referring to the waiter.
“I’m not surprised,” I said rolling my eyes.
“So, how’s golden boy?” Jay grinned.
I blushed, “Good, I guess.”
“You guess? You kiss yet?”
“Who’s golden boy?” Kendra piped in.
“Uh…” I wasn’t sure what to say.
“Sidney Crosby,” Jay said with a wide smile.”
“You’re shitting me!” Kendra said getting excited.
“Shhh! Yes, it’s Sidney,” I said trying to keep her down. “We met when I took the day care kids to a practice. He offered me to see a game and dinner. And now, we’re uh, kinda hanging out.”
“Oh god! Raina, that’s awesome! I’m so jealous!” Jay shot her an angry look. “Baby, I’m just saying!”
“Yeah, yeah,” he said as the waiter came back.
“Happy to see your company’s keeping you entertained,” he winked.
“Yeah, that’s why I invited em,” I said getting annoyed. As the night went on, the game grew more and more intense. Sidney got an assist and a goal. It was a good night for him. Then, for the first time in his NHL career, Sidney dropped the gloves.
I stood up and started yelling, “Yeah, baby! Get him! Punch him good. Right there! Yeah, Sid!” The whole place was getting into it, but some turned heads to stare at me. I felt awkward and sat down. “Well, that was interesting,” I said looking at Jay and Kendra.
Jay just laughed. “You really like him, huh?” Kendra smiled.
I blushed, “I guess so.” It was a new start of my life. My heart was open, and loved. Life was… starting to be complete.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm glad that she can open up to him. The breakfast part was cute.

    I love how he just had the first season of Friends and a suit in the back of his car.

    And the fight, oh the fight. He really gave it to good old Andy.

    Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete