Friday, June 14, 2013

\\.::=Twenty-Two=::.//

It's been a long time since I wrote and I feel like I need to get back into it. I hope old and new people can get back in my story. Feel free to take the time to read it through again and get caught up. This chapter is speeding through a few years to get caught up in time. I hope you like it and enjoy the change. Please let me know how you like it and would like to see where the story leads!
_____________________________________________________________

It seemed like the longest weeks of my life helping Sidney recover. I was back to feeling safe and felt a little silly for running from my problems. All of my belongs were sent back home. Milly and I practically lived at Mario's with Sidney. He tried to return to hockey, but after two games, he realized he wasn't ready to return. He quickly got back into the grove once he was fully healed, and entered the playoffs. We had extremely high hopes to end the post season, but fell short in game six against the Red Wings. Sidney wasn't a pleasure to be around for the next month.

We were fighting pretty bad and I decided it was time for me to leave for a little and spend time with my real family. With Sidney supporting me, I didn't have a job anymore, and I felt dependent. I needed to get back to having my own life. I headed outside of the city, near Canonsburg. I spent a good few weeks with aunts and uncles, catching up on life and went back to my foster family. Sidney headed back to Nova Scotia. I hated the feeling of emptiness. I felt like we barely talked.

Maybe this all happened to fast. Falling in love and moving in together always seems to be a disaster when you jump right into it. I decided it was time to visit an old loved one; Justin. I rode to the cemetery alone in silence. I stopped the car and walked to his headstone. It was a beautiful day to spend with him. I brought my favorite flowers he used to surprise me with.

I sat down and ran my fingers over his name. "It's been a long time," I sighed. I swore I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I just feel so lost, Justin. You wanted me to find love, but why is it so hard for me?" Warm tears filled my eyes. "I just need to know if you're truly ready for me to move on and be happy again. There is so much hate inside of me." In the corner on my eye, I saw a baby bird in a tree with his family. "Lets make a deal!" I grinned. Justin and I were all about fate and see if things were really meant to be. "If that baby bird flies, I'm moving on. But if not, it's just not my time." I could just see Justin laughing and saying, "Okay, we'll see."

I stared and sighed. The bird looked just like me, pathetic! I just felt like today wasn't the little guys day. I sat there until the sun was too hot for me to bare. "Well, looks like it's not my time," I said standing up and blew Justin a kiss.

I knew I had to break things off with Sidney. It just wasn't my time to be committed to him when my heart still wasn't fully healed. I reminded myself, I could love again, but not just yet.
__________________________________________________________

It was very painful with Sidney. I flew to his home that summer to tell him I needed to catch back up in my own life and let him handle his first big lose alone. I needed to find who I was again and become my own person once again.

Years went by, the Penguins won the cup and Sidney seemed to be on top of the world. I was so happy for him. It was bittersweet I wasn't there to enjoy the win with him. I was in touch with him before the playoffs, but we slowly fell apart again. I went to school to become a hairdresser and makeup artist. My interest changed a lot over the years. I loved kids, but I just needed something to bring me away from my teen years and Justin. A lot even reminded me of Sidney.

The year 2012 was very difficult for Sidney. I watched him suffer his concussion and knew he was struggling. The season coming up was rough. There would be a lock out and Sidney would have too much free time and being torn away from his life. I on the other hand, was working in a huge salon a little outside of Pittsburgh. I did makeup and hair for many magazines and commercials. I felt like I truly found my calling. I was so happy again. It was like I had a new life. Vero was one of the few friends I kept from the team. I would hear from Colby here and there from his new team and even Max. I would call him a trader just about every time we spoke. I couldn't believe how much had changed since I broke things off with Sidney.

Four years went by and it just felt like a blur. I had my own house, beautiful SUV, my business was fantastic. I just felt ready to settle down. With Sidney? Well, if I was in the same boat this time in 2008, of course. I just had to except that part of my life is over.

That fall I went to visit Justin. It had been a good while since I had. I looked up and saw another little nest close to before. "That's weird, birds shouldn't be having babies this time of the year," I thought out loud. I stood up and saw a baby trying to fly. "Justin, stop doing this to," I muttered. Just then the baby took off. I smiled and felt myself free. "If you're a bird I'm a bird!" I laughed. "I'm sorry, baby, but it's time for me to move on." I had my ring on my finger and knew it was time to leave it behind. I moved the flowers I brought to his grave and drug a good size hole, and buried my ring inside a small box I found in my car. "I will always love you. Thank you letting me free."

This was my time to finally live my life like I never had before.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I'm so glad that you're writing again! I can't wait to see what you have planned and I hope that it entails happiness with Sid.

    ReplyDelete