Friday, June 14, 2013

\\.::=TwentyFour=::.//

"Raina?" he said, almost speechless.

"Hey," I said shuffling my feet. The last player, Kris, got up and walked away awkwardly.

"You know her, Sid" Kris asked.

"I did," he said not leaving his eyes from me. I could tell the other guy didn't want part of this and walked away, into the hall way. The rest of the remaining help and players exited as well. The last one out, James, shut the door. They must of knew Sidney meant business.

"How have you been?" I asked trying to clean my mess up a little bit, so I had something other to look at besides Sidney. I felt as if you could see my heart beating through my shirt.

"Busy, you?" he said setting a few papers down and sitting in the chair for me to work on him.

"Same." I was very short and started to feel myself sweat. This was just just an asshole move by fate, once again.

"Haven't seen you around in a while. Since you broke up with me." I knew he was trying to get to me.

I clenched my power brush and stared him right in the eye. "Well, sorry I went to get my shit together while you took the last four years to grow the fuck up," I spat.

"You know what, fuck it. I don't need this shit to look good," he said standing up and pushing past me. He went to open the door as I let out a small yelp. I could feel my body just wanting to hit the floor. I knew this was happening for a reason; to make things right. Sidney stopped and stood there for a moment before dropping his shoulders and sighing. "Why did it take so long for us to come back together?" he asked, putting his hands in his pocket.

He turned to face me as I plopped into the chair. "I guess we both needed some growing up to do." I rolled my makeup brush around my hand in small circles. "I'm sorry I had to leave the way I did, but it was in my heart."

"I'm happy you did. It made me realize there's more to life than just hockey and fame." He pulled a chair in front of me and sat down. He took my small hands into his. "I'm sorry I pushed you away. I could of made it right the first time." I didn't know what to say. I slightly made an ass out of myself. I was pretty good at running away from my problems. "What if we're too different now?"

I looked up at him with warm tears and my stomach filled with butterflies. I was never so happy, nervous, scared, and pissed all at once. "Let's find out," I said leaning in and kissing him. It was the first time I took matter into my own hands, and by that was pretty much Sidney's face. Our lips touched and felt like a puzzle piece fitting perfectly. A surge went through my whole body. I wasn't thinking much, but I felt like I totally forgot how to move my body and even kiss like a normal person. I thought I was probably putting my tongue down his throat. He didn't stop though. He just kept kissing me and felt his hand hold my face and the other grasp my hair.

There was a knock and the door opened to interrupt us. "Uh, sorry. We just need to hurry, Sid," said one of his teammates.

"No Problem. Sorry," he said scratching the back of his neck. The player shut the door and I felt my face hot. I knew I was blushing as bad as Sidney. "Let's get me flawless and rock this commercial," he laughed.

I finished up Sid and cleaned up while he headed down the hall. I needed to go with him just to make sure no touch ups were needed. I hurried down there, mostly just so I could be around Sidney. "Raina!" a female called out. I turned to see Vero. "Oh my god! I can't believe it's you! What are you doing here?!"

I could only smile and give her a hug. "I could say the same about you, where's Marc?"

He's in Canada visiting family. I came to get my wallet I left in Geno's car last night after we dropped Marc off at the airport. But what the hell! You in the same room as Sid?!" she said just above a whisper.

I chuckled, thinking it was a crazy situation. "I'm not sure. I came to do makeup for a commercial and it ended up to be a bunch of sweaty hockey men!" I filled her in on the last few experiences of the last year. We spoke but mostly around holidays and birthdays.

"I still am in shock, but I'm so happy, honestly. I'm really hoping this is the time, you know?"

"Trust me, I know. I do as well," I said just staring at Sidney from across the room. It's true when they say in a room full of people a smile can light up the room. His did just that. The two hours went fast and we were free to go home. Veronica left earlier and made sure to go have lunch this week on my day off. I headed to my car with all of my stuff when I noticed foot steps behind me.

"I got it!" Sid said grabbing my suitcase. "Lead the way!"

I smiled, "Thanks! You didn't have to."

"If I want to make you agree to a date, yes. I had to." I just laughed it off and led him to my Range Rover. "Copy cat!" he said as I opened my hatch.

"Hey! You can't be the only one in style!" I set some of my bags inside and Sidney lifted in my suitcase. "So, when are you asking me to dinner?" I asked shutting the hatch.

"Ohhh, this girl means business!" he grinned, pulling me into him. "Tonight, meet me at my house. And if you don't still have my number, don't bother at all!"

"Sid!" I said slapping him. "Text me it, I know it's because you deleted mine!"

He was busted. "Okay, okay." He pulled out his phone and had me put in my number, which was different over the years. "I'll text you directions and see you at six." He kissed my cheek making my blush. "Bye, Raina."

"Bye, Sid."

1 comment:

  1. "It was the first time I took matter into my own hands, and by that was pretty much Sidney's face."
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete