Wednesday, June 26, 2013

\\.::=TwentyEight=::.//

The whole night I cleaned my apartment. I had my own weekly routine. I normally cleaned Saturday night but Sidney kind of pushed plans aside. I really didnt mind though. My mind wondered about Em and if it was something to really worry about. I brushed my thoughts aside and headed to bed. I needed to worry about getting enough rest for my day off with Sid.

I woke up the next day full of energy and a text from Sid saying to be at his house around 8:30 and to not worry about eating. I was very excited to head out and see the city. Maybe Sidney and I knew of places that each other didn't know about. I took a shower and put some makeup on. I curled my hair loosely and picked out a comfortable outfit.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=87087959

I was meeting Sidney at his house. The drive was giving me gitters. I pulled into the drive way and parked. Making sure my appearance was perfect, I got out and walked to Sid's door. I knocked and stepped back a bit. "Good morning!" he smiled. "Lets get going."

He opened my door like a gentleman. We headed towards the city. It was my favorite feeling. "I love car rides. I'm like a dog," I laughed.

Sid grinned, "you're a goof ball. How is Millie by the way?" Referring to my dog.

I sighed, "She was put to sleep last year. She was very sick. I miss her like crazy but I'm too busy."

"Understandable. I wanted to bring my pooch home, but I've been so back and forth, it's best he's home with my parents."

I wanted to get this Em thing off of my chest before our day started. I knew it would bother me. "Sid," I said looking out of the window, gaining courage.

"Yeah?"

"Who's Em? The one you were on the phone with yesterday. I could over hear you."

He took in a deep breath. I knew it was going to be a long explanation. "Emily is a girl I've been seeing on and off for the last few months. We're not serious. She wants us to be, but I was never ready for that. I guess I just had a feeling something was going to happen soon." I looked over at him and saw his lips thinned out, thinking of the right way to put this. "She did stop by last night. I told her I saw you. I didn't say everything that happened, but I wanted both of you to know before you found out the wrong way. I'm not about hiding things."

His hand was resting on console, while driving with the left. I slipped my fingers between his. "I understand. Thanks for telling me."

He glanced over and smiled, "I planned on telling you today. I just didn't know when would be right." We hit a red light and he leaned over to kiss me. I could just feel how happy we both were together. It was a wonderful feeling. "We're almost to breakfast!" he said pulling away and getting ready for the light to change.

"Where are we going?" I loved breakfast time.

"Dorstop," he grinned.

"You the fucking best!" The little restaurant was my favorite. We ordered their famous pancakes and ham. We couldn't wait to get going and enjoy our day. "I hope you planned out everything, knowing everything will take at least an extra hour to get through," I said as we left the diner, after a few people got a picture with Sidney.

"Don't worry, Raina. I got this!" he said putting his arm around my waist, walking to the car. "So, do you like animals?" he asked getting into his car.

"Shut the hark up! You are not really taking me to the zoo, are you?!" I said excitedly. He just nodded. "Eeeeee!" I squeezed. "I can't freaking wait!"

The drive way pretty short and we got there right after the opened up. Not too many people were there for it being a school day and first thing in the morning. "I rented the place out for us," he winked.

"Shut up," I back handed him in the hard stomach.

"Hey! Don't do that after I ate a huge meal," he laughed. We took the long escalator up the hill. Once we got to the top we practically were running to the first animal. We saw many big cats and the Komodo Dragon. "I wanna see the polar bears!" Sid huffed.

I gave him this strange look and laughed. "We will get there, sweet heart," I said patting his back. We weren't stopped by too many people on the way through. Finally, we made it into the PPG Aquarium. I loved the penguins, obviously. "Sid! They're so freaking cute!" I said taking about 50 pictures of them.

"You guys want to pet them?" a worker asked behind us.

My eyes were huge and Sidney answered for me, "Of course!" We followed them and was brought a little waddling penguin over to us. "We should have never brought her in here. She might try to take this one home!" Sid laughed taking a video of me and the penguin.

"I have my own penguin, thanks!" I smiled. After loving the penguin, we made our way to the polar bear, but not without making Sidney try to climb through the stingray tunnel. He wasn't going for it. "Here you go, you big baby!" I said leading him to the polar bears.

He just laughed and grabbed my hand. "They're so awesome, Rain! I love them." We went into the underwater tunnel and just our luck, the big guy went for a swim. We continued with the tour and made it out around one. Sidney of course bought me presents before we left; a little polar bear and a huge penguin.

"Now where?!" I asked skipping the car with my new stuffed animals.

"Well, have you ever been to Phipps Conservatory?"

"Nope, don't that I know of."

He smiled and opened my door, "Good, that's our next stop."

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the penguins, they are my favorite part of the zoo! And every time I've been to the zoo since we got the polar bears back they've just stay on land. Someday, they will swim when I'm there. And Phipps is amazing.

    ReplyDelete