Monday, June 24, 2013

\\.::=TwentySeven=::.//

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to give a shout out to mrsjordanstaal11. Both of us have been writing stories again and trying to get back into the grove. Check out her stuff and give feed back to both of us. It's very important. Hope you guys are enjoying the story.
____________________________________________

*Sid's POV*

I woke up to my phone buzzing. I hurried to leave the room so I didn't wake up Raina. "Hello?"

"Hey, Sid!" Emily spoke from the other line. "Just wondered when I could stop by today to get my charger."

Peeking out the kitchen to make sure Raina was still sleeping, I sighed, "I don't know. Not today. I told you yesterday I could drop it off to you."

"Why have you been funny lately? I kinda wanted to see you."

My stomach was flip flopping. The girl who walked out of my life was only so many feet away in another room and the other who I've been seeing on and off for the last four months on the phone. Emily treated me good, but I couldn't make a commitment to her. "Listen, Em, I'm sorry but today isn't good. I have a headache. Maybe tomorrow or something."

"Whatever, Sid."

"Don't get mad."

"I'm not. I'll be there tomorrow morning."

"Okay, I'll see you then." I barely got my words out before she hung up. I let out a huff and headed to the bathroom. I walked back into the living room and found Riana stretching. Even though her hair was a mess and had no makeup, I found her beautiful. Pretty sure there's a rap song about a girl with her hair up, without makeup on chilling. It fit her right now.

After she left the house I just flopped on the couch. I felt so lazy with the lockout. Lazy and confused at this point. Why couldn't women be simple?! I let out an angry groan and threw a pillow to the other couch.

Figuring I would just lay here all day and not do shit, I decided to give Marc a call and see if he wanted to hit the gym in my basement. He agreed and arrived shortly after.

"Did Vero know she was coming back?" I asked jogging with Marc next to me.

"Nope. I meant she knew she was in the area lately, but didn't know she was so close. They really haven't talked in the last six months."

"Damn," I sighed and slowed down a bit. "Is it bad I kind of forgot about Emily?"

Marc grinned, "Nope. It's because she's just there to occupy you. I mean you care about her, I can see that, but she's not for you. Don't let her go just yet though. Raina could fall off the face of the Earth." I just nodded. "You need to at least tell both women about each other. I think if Raina finds out first, that would be bad! Emily would be pissed, but not do too much. Just because she's not as close with all of us. She's still feeling things out."

"True, and I don't want things ruined for good if Raina and I can't work things out. I think everyone would go back and try to make things right with their loved one if given the chance."

"Take this chance, dude. You never know if you'll get another one."

He was right. This was my only chance to make shit work.
________________________________________________________

I called Emily to have her come over that night. I knew we needed to talk and let her in on what was going on. By her voice, she knew something wasn't right.

She came inside the house with a plate of brownies. "I brought your weakness," she grinned, kissing my cheek.

I smirked and set them down. Brownies without hockey games wasn't really what I needed. "Thanks, Em." She followed me into the kitchen and set down at the island as I stood on the other side. "So, what'd you do today," I asked, trying to avoid this much needed talk.

"Baked those for you, cleaned the house, helped Missy shop; not too much. You?" Emily was looking for answers with her eyes without saying much from her mouth. She was a beautiful girl and wonderful. So, it was making this much harder.

"Well, actually," I took a deep breath, "I hung out with a really good friend of mine. We had breakfast and all that."

"Oh yeah? Who's that?" she asked playing with her hair, something I noticed Raina do herself when she was nervous.

She knew of Raina and I knew if I said her name it would kill her. "Just an old friend from way back." Fuck, why did I have to be THAT guy.

"Oh, I see." She stood up and put her arms around my neck. "Let's watch a movie," she grinned.

I let out a chuckle, "Maybe you should just get your charger. I made plans to go out tomorrow and I wanna be well rested."

Emily cocked her head, dropping her arms. "You don't take me out much anymore. Why's that?"

"We just take things slow."

"Real slow," she said turning away and grabbing her purse. I just need to be up front.

"Emily," I grabbed her hand and turned her to face me. "Raina came back and I wanted to catch up." I could tell it hit her hard and I felt awful. "Don't be upset. I just want to see how she's been. We came a long way and if wouldn't feel right to pass this up. I'm sorry if you're mad but I just want you to understand. I'm telling you this now instead of letting you down and hurting you."

She couldn't look at me. "Just talk to me after your day. I understand." She gave me a kiss and walked out of the house without saying anything else. I just wanted to hit my head off of my wall at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Uh-oh... Sid and Raina need to be happy, end of story. Can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete