Monday, June 24, 2013

\\.::=TwentySix=::.//

I woke up with the sun shinning through the curtains. I looked to my side and remembered everything from last night. Sidney had his one arm around me and felt me move, so he pulled me closer. I couldn't tell if he was awake yet or still sleeping. "Good morning," his deep voice said softly in my ear.

"Morning, Sid," I turned to face him and grinned. It was a Sunday, which I had off. My two weekend days were Sunday and Monday.

"Want breakfast?" he asked with a hand on my hip.

"What time is it?" I yawned.

Sid looked over me to check the clock. "Almost eight."

I hated being so used to waking up early. "Can we go out for breakfast," I grinned, knowing I probably wasn't as attractive as he was making me feel. I didn't even have the chance to wash my makeup off of my face.

"Eat'n Park?" he questioned with a huge smile. "I hate cooking."

"Prefect! I love their muffins." I then remembered I didn't even have clothes on and I wasn't going to dare to wear the same outfit from last night to breakfast. "Uh, could you do me a favor?" I grinned.

"Hmh?" he hummed with an eyebrow lifted.

"Get a pair of yoga pants from my car? They're in my backseat. They're the only pair. And there's a plain black shirt, too."

"Sure, do you need a hoodie? It's gonna be cold today." He stood up and I just took in the sight of his amazing sculpted body. I just nodded and he put his boxers on to leave the room.

"Feel free to get ready. There's the bathroom," he point across the room. I went in to the backroom and took a fast shower as he left. I brought my purse with me to do light makeup and pulled my hair on top of my head. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Sidney freshly showered with a shirt on. "You had like six pairs of pants in there and about eight pairs of shoes!" he said, a little in shock.

"And you used to carry dress suits in your car, so I don't wanna hear shit, Crosby," I said snatching my pants from him. I grabbed the hoodie on his bed and changed in the bathroom. I felt like with his shirt off and me still naked, breakfast might not happen. I knew I was disappointing his wondering eyes. I brushed my teeth with a travel brush I kept with me and was ready to head out. I walked out and saw Sidney in jeans, running shoes, and a long sleeve shirt. "Ready?" I asked standing in front of him.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=85844451

"Yup," he said standing up and planting a kiss on my lips.

I knew I was smiling like a fool. I walked down the steps with him following me.

"Damn, that ass is not the same as four years ago," he said as I got to the bottom and realized he was checking me out.

"Sidney!" I said pretending to hit him. "You pig!"

"Hey! Now I have competition! That's all," he joked, opening up the door for me.

"I'm sure!"

He drove me the closest Eat'n Park and we pretty much went right to work. I forgot how weird it was to be with him in public. So many eyes were on us and whispering. A few times a kid would go to the buffet to talk to him. It took a little longer than usual to eat. I felt bad I drug him out.

We finally finished and got to the car. "I'm sorry, I forgot how annoying it is for you to eat out."

He shrugged it off. "Don't be. It's my life. You're the one that needs to be okay with it."

"True." I stared out of the window, realizing how tired I still was. "It's an ugly day," I said with my head against the window.

He turned onto his street and nodded, "Yeah, I hope winter isn't too bad. It just makes this lockout even longer. I just hope we have a season this year."

"I wouldn't look at it so negative. Take some time to visit family and take a trip! You ever go anywhere nice?" I asked as we arrived at his home.

"Eh," he sat there and pondered. "Nothing that didn't involved a hockey trip."

"That's your issue, dear," I said helping myself out of the car. We headed towards the door. "You need to go away and see the world!"

"Maybe if I had a good looking girl to take, I would consider. Although the one I have in mind has a career now!" I blushed. "Honestly, I'm so proud of you Raina. You turned yourself around. It's like you're a totally different person sometimes, but I still see the old you. You still draw me to you."

We were in front of his living room now and I just stood there with my arms crossed, biting my lip. "Thanks, Sid. Same can be said to you." I smiled and gave him a small kiss. "But really, I have two whole vacation weeks I can take and we and go somewhere! Maybe just for a few days. I wanted to save a week for after Christmas."

"Let's see what happens," he said sitting down on the couch. I kinda felt stupid thinking so far ahead. I needed to just relax and let things happen.

________________________________________________________

We laid on the couch with our full bellies and we doze off here and there watching TV. I woke up around 12 and saw Sid's side of the couch empty. I could hear his voice in the kitchen and I followed it. He was on the phone and I started to walk back until something caught my attention.

"Listen, Em, I'm sorry but today isn't good. I have a headache. Maybe tomorrow or something... Don't get mad... Okay, I'll see you then."

I hurried to the couch to pretend I just woke up. He didn't come in right away. I was starting to wonder. I couldn't get mad. We didn't ask if we were seeing anyone and it has been a long time. I just up and left him. No need to stop the world for a girl who didn't stick around long enough to try to work things out, but we needed to grow up first. I just tried to justify myself.

Sid walked in the room and gave me a half smile, "How was your nap?"

I felt kinda sick at that point. "Good, but I think I'm gonna head home. I need to do somethings around the place with my day off so I can enjoy tomorrow."

He sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "Well," he paused for a second, "want to hang out tomorrow? We can go to the city and do tourist things? I don't really get to see much and it might be nice for us."

It made that sick feeling go away. "Sure!" I stood up and grabbed my belongings I set by the door. "Just text me later with what time and all that."

"I gladly will," he said opening the door and kissing my cheek. "See ya, Raina."

"Bye, Sid." The drive home was bitter sweet. Who was Em and why didn't Sidney want to see her today? What if she comes by after I leave? If he didn't want me around, he wouldn't of invited me out tomorrow, right?

1 comment: