Saturday, April 11, 2009

\\.::=Eight=::.//

Throughout the week, I watched the Penguins defeat all three Canadian teams. I promised Sidney I’d stay up till he was going back to hotel to talk to him for a couple minutes before bed. I took a nap every day after work, but I didn’t mind at all.
Sidney was finally coming home after losing to the Flyers. I was stuck at work, and it was only noon. I knew Sidney was already home and probably taking a nap. It was lunch time and the kids were eating their snack.
We were sitting in the room with the kids as my phone rang. “Ooh, who could that be?” Mel said grinning.
“Stop that,” I said rolling my eyes. It got really old, really fast, hearing my family and friends talk about the little date. “Hello,” I said ignoring Mel’s kissy face.
“Hey, Raina,” a cheerful voice said.
“Hey, Sid, what’s up?”
“Eh, just lying around the house. I was wondering what you’re doing tonight?”
I got up to leave ear shot so Mel couldn’t hear. “Um, nothing that I know of, why?”
“Well, I was wondering if you’d want to hang out and maybe catch a movie,” he proposed.
I took a minute to think. It’s dark, short, and you don’t have to talk a lot. “Sure,” I said smiling. “What time?”
“How about six?” he asked.
“Sounds perfect,” I smiled.

I flew home after work, and washed up and got ready for the movie. I had no idea what we were seeing, but whatever it was, I was excited to see Sidney it. I was finishing my make-up and Sid called. “Hello,” I said putting on lip gloss.
“Hey, Raina, I’ll be in there in like five minutes.”
“Okay, I’ll be ready.” We hung up and I hurried and got my things together. I heard a knock at the door and I got excited. I looked through the peephole and seen Sidney. I smiled and opened the door and greeted him with a hug. “Hey,” I said embracing him.
“Hey, girlie,” he said matching my smile. “Ready?”
“Yup,” I said shutting the door behind me.
We walked down the hall and walked outside into the cold. Sidney opened my door, just like before. After he got into the driver’s side, he asked, “So, how was work?”
“Pretty good, never a dull moment with those kids,” I said turning off my phone in case of another interrupted call. “How was your trip?”
“Awesome,” Sidney said smiling like a little boy. “We did the craziest shit. Me, Colby, Max, Marc-Andre, and Jordan all went out and went into this cave and all this other shit. They had the best bars! It was awesome, Raina. I think you would have had a blast there.”
Sidney was thinking of me while he were there, other than when we were on the phone? “Aw, that’s sick. Did a bear get cha guys?” I laughed.
“Nope, and if one did come out, we’d throw Colby at him since he’s the lightest. It’d be like a chew toy until it realized there’s no meat.”
We laughed together at the thought of it. “You’re teammates sound like pretty cool guys.”
“They’re awesome. You’re gonna have to hang with us some time. Maybe hit the club or dinner.”
“That’d be fun,” I smiled.
“So, what did you do while I was out and about?”
“My mom and dad came over with my little cousins over the weekend, and that’s about it. Just work and one night Mel and I went to dinner with some friends.”
“That sounds nice. Where’s your favorite place to eat?”
“Anywhere really,” I laughed. “Jay’s probably.”
“Oh, I love stopping in there after practice.”
“Well, I love their fries,” I said licking my lips. Sidney laughed and pulled into a parking space. He bought my ticket and we walked inside. “You did-“
“Yes, I did have to. Want something to eat?”
“Only if you let me pay,” I said grinning.
“Not a chance. What do you want?”
I sighed, knowing there was no point in fighting with a millionaire. “A coke icy, pretzel, and skittles,” I said as he pulled out his wallet. He bought a few different things and we headed into the theater. We sat in the back and there were a few people in front of us.
The movie started and I got comfortable in my seat. After finishing my pretzel, I sat up and Sidney put his arm around me. I didn’t refuse, so I snuggled closer to him. By half way through the movie, I crossed my legs over his and fit right into his body. I noticed a piece of popcorn hit my and looked at Sid, who was trying not to laugh.
“Sidney!” I yelp grabbing the popcorn and throwing a handful at him.
“Raina, it’s not nice to liter!” he said throwing more at me, as it went down my shirt.
“You’re cleaning that up,” I said with a smirk, not realizing what slip from my mouth. I grabbed the rest of popcorn and poured it over his head. We were cracking up as the couple in front of us got annoyed and moved to the front.
“Raina, you’re in a movie theater,” he hissed, trying to be serious.
“Sidney, so are you!” I laughed, as he held my arms back, since I tried throwing a skittle at him. He held my hands at my side and was still laughing. “You’re a faggot,” I said trying to breath. He didn’t help breath much, as his lips crashed down onto mine.
His lips were full and soft. He let go of my arm gently, and held my face. He opened his mouth and slid his tongue into my mouth. I curled my tongue around his, as it worked my mouth skillfully. It was my first kiss in three years, and it felt my first. Absolutely perfect.
Sidney pulled away and we blushed. He cracked a grin and scratching the back of his neck nervously. “Uh, movies over,” he said looking at the screen.
“Yeah, it is,” I said standing up and grabbing my coat. We walked out of the movies and out into the cold air.
“Do you just want to go home, before I make things more awkward?” Sidney asked making me smiling.
“Sure,” I said as he opened the car door for me. The ride home was silent, but it wasn’t because I was mad. I was more shocked than anything, and maybe a bit happy?
We got back to the apartments and Sidney walked me to my place. We reached my door and I looked up at him. “Thanks for night, Sid,” I said taking his hand.
He smiled. “I’m sorry I-“
“Don’t be,” I said putting my finger against his lips. “I’m sorry we didn’t do it sooner.” I smiled at his confused face. “Night, Sid.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and went inside. Millie came up to me and I picked her up. “He kissed me!” I said snuggling the dog. “Why am I telling you this? You don’t care.” I put her on the ground and sat on the chair in the kitchen. It couldn’t be a more perfect night. I wanted another just the same.

2 comments:

  1. One complaint, I had a very hard time reading this. Other than that I loved it. It was a great chapter and I love that they kissed.

    Sidney apologizing, how cute? He is such a gentleman, and paying for her ticket and food.

    Can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I loved the popcorn fight in the movie theater.

    And the apology? so sweet.

    ReplyDelete