Saturday, April 4, 2009

\\.::=Four=::.//

I just up earlier than usual the next day, and took a shower. I dried my hair and straightened it. Not much about my physical looks have changed over three years. I was still the same blone haired, blue eyed, short, skinny Raina. I was thankful for my boobs filling out, though. I guess I should thank my lucky stars there. It was a pretty cold day out, so I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of white furry boots. I put on a white shirt with a long black sweater that tied in the middle. I put on my make up, and made sure I had everything packed and ready to go.
I headed to the day care and met the parents and kids early. We had to keep they busy before it was time to go to the practice. We were leaving at 9:30, so we could make it by 10:00. Mel, the other woman who helped with the kids, was getting the cards and stuff ready to go. We had the kids make thank you cards for the players and signs. The bus arrived and we piled the children on.
We got to the ice rink, and took them inside. We quickly took them to the bathroom and showed them the party room, where they set their stuff down and then headed out to the bleachers. They knew better to not be loud, disruptive, or rude. There were a few other children there, making a racket of noise, and banging on the glass. I just ignored them, and waiting for the players to come out. An older man came up beside me dressed in a suit and tie, with a Bluetooth in his ear. “Are you Miss Raina Lowstack?”
“Yes, I am,” I said confused.
“Mister Crosby would like to speak with you.” He walked down the steps, and I took in what he said before running after him. He led me into the locker room, where there were players everywhere getting ready. He took me into a small meeting room where there were a few interviews leaving. The man left me in there, as Sidney walked up to me.
“Hey, Raina,” he said grinning. He pulled me into an unexpected hug. “How are you?”
“Great, and you?” I asked nervously.
“Couldn’t be better,” he said with a smile. “I had some people fix up the room a bit for you, and get food and stuff. Oh, and I got the pop out for you.”
I smiled, “Thanks, Sid.”
“Yup, oh and I was wondering something. What are you doing tomorrow night?”
“Nothing really, why you ask?”
“Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my game. I have two tickets and they’re right behind the net.”
I stood there speechless. “Are you sure? Like, dead serious?”
He smiled and nodded. “Of course,” he laughed. “Just got to the door and tell them You’re Raina Lowstack and they’ll give you the tickets.
“Wow,” I said pulling on the ends of my hair. “Thank you so much, Sid. But, I have no idea how to get there.”
“Just call me tonight and I’ll give you directions.”
“Thank you so much, Sid,” I said still smiling, as he wrote down his number.
“No problem. Well, I better get out on the ice.”
“And I better help Mel with the rug rats,” I said with a chuckle. He led me out and waved good bye. I ran back to my seat in the bleachers and Mel looked over at me.
“Miss Raina, do you know Sidney Crosby?!” “Is he nice?!” “How did you get back there?” “When’s lunch?” and “Did you kiss him?!” were all asked as the kids hopped up and down. I hushed them down, and the players came out onto the ice. After practice was over, we took the kids into the party room. I walked in and was blown away. Sidney really did more than he had to. He had penguin plates, napkins, and cups, along with a new banner and table cloth. I was impressed.
We got the kids feed and cleaned up. We sat them down to do an activity on sports, when there was a knock at the door. “Raina, can you get that?” Mel asked as she worked on getting things under control.
“Sure,” I said walking towards the door. I opened it up to see Sidney, Marc-AndrĂ©, and three other guys. “Hey, Sid, what’s up?” I was so confused at this point.
“Hey, just came to sign a few things,” he said with a grin. He walked past me and handed all the kids pucks and miniature sticks. The guys started to sign things, and Sidney walked over to me. “That’s Gino, Max, and Sykie.”
“Oh, I’m all caught up now,” I laughed. “You know, Sid, you really didn’t have to do this.”
“Do what?” he asked grinning.
I glared at him. “You know what I mean, Crosby. But, we have to wrap up soon.” I honestly didn’t want to leave, he made actually want to talk to someone new, and be out there again.
“Okay, we’ll finish quickly.” With that, he went back to signing things and Mel and I cleaned up. After we got the kids on the bus, Sidney ran up to me before I got on.
“Don’t forget to let me know about tomorrow!” he said holding his car keys in one hand, and fixing his ball cap with the other.
I couldn’t help but smile. “Sure, I’ll call you at like eight?”
“Sounds great,” he said with a smile wider than mine. “See ya!” he said waving and walking to his car.
This could be a new beginning. <3

2 comments:

  1. Aw Sidney is such a sweet heart. I'm glad that she's thinking about getting out there again. It's what Justin wanted. =] I can't wait to see where this story goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome story. I'm glad she's finding someone in Sidney.

    ReplyDelete