Saturday, April 4, 2009

\\.::=Three=::.//

Almost 3 Years Later; December 12, 2007
“Okay, kids,” I called out to the five year olds, “time to grab your things and go home. Remember, be on good behavior tomorrow!”
“I will!” Mark yelled putting on his coat. I said good bye to the kids, and grabbed a box and headed out to my car. They were going to a Penguin practice for the day and I wanted to set up everything early. I got to the rink early and headed down stairs to start in the small party room. It was big enough to hold my day care kids, about 15 of them.
I started unpacking the stuff and listening to 3 Days Grace. I started to put on table cloths, and get the cups and plates out. There was a knock at the door, and they pushed it open slightly. “Come in,” I called, turning the music down.
A tall, muscular man walked in, with a gorgeous smile and dark hair. He was in workout clothes, which cling tight to his body. His face looked so familiar, but I couldn’t put a name to it. His legs were huge, but bow legged. They were the size of tree trunks, and his arms were perfect. I could only imagine what his stomach was like. Stop thinking about it, Raina! I still wasn’t ready for a relationship again. I felt guilty being with another man.
“Hey, I was wondering if there was a soccer ball in here,” he said looking in the corners.
“Ooh, here you go,” I said picking it up off the ground by a chair. “Sorry, I didn’t know what to do with it.”
“It’s fine,” he said with a smile. “The guys and I just wanted to play an arousing game of football, as Gino says.”
“Nice,” I said with a smile. God, what do I say to this man?!
He nodded. “So, what brings you here? Birthday party?”
“Nah, my day care is coming to the Penguin practice tomorrow and we’re using this room. Do you work here or something?” I asked pulling out a banner that said Let’s go Pens! “Actually,” he said taking the other end of the banner, “I’m with these guys.”
My mind went blank. I felt like an ass for not knowing who this man was, but I still couldn’t remember! “Ooh, well I’m sorry. I’ve been really busy and haven’t been able to study the roaster much anymore. Work’s overwhelming.”
He just grinned. “It’s okay. I’m Sidney Crosby,” he said extending his hand.
“Nice to meet you, I’m RainaLowstack.”
“Raina, nice to meet you as well,” he said grinning widely, making my knees week, and not wanting to look away from his eyes. “So, you’re a day care worker?” he asked pulling his hand away.
“Yes, I am. I started going to school to become a teacher, but some problems got in the way, and I figured I could qualify for a day care. I pretty much run the whole thing, taking the kids places, trying to keep them active. “
“That’s awesome, I love kids. I help with schools and teams to get kids out playing hockey. So, what time you coming tomorrow?”
“Well, we’re having a bus take us here around 10:00 and show them around a bit, go to the bathroom, and get seat, so by eleven they have no reason to get up,” I said with a laugh.
“Good idea,” he said sharing the smile. “Do you need any help setting up?”
“I’d hate to ask, but I kind of need help putting this banner up. If you can get someone in to help, that’s be-“
“Where’s the thumbtacks?” he asked looking around the box.
“Really, Mister Crosby-“
“It’s Sid,” he said flashing a grin. “Ah- ha!” he said pulling them out of the box.
Someone else came into the room, very tall, skinny, and dark hair with a perfect smile. “Sidney, what the hell are you doing? We’ve been waiting forever!” he said in a very think French accent.
“Hold on, Marc. I’ll be there a minute. I’m just helping Raina set up. Here’s the ball.”
He gave him a ‘you have some explaining to do \' look. “Alrighty,” he said catching the ball and walking out.
“Sorry, that was Marc-Andre. He’s our goalie.”
“Really, Sidney, if you don’t want to help you can leave. I feel bad holding you back from your team mates.”
“Don’t be,” he said with a smile. “They’re just jealous they didn’t come looking for the ball.” He gave me a wink and took out the pop bottles. “Do you want these in the fridge? I can put them away for you and get them tomorrow so they’re cool.”
“That’d be great,” I said smiling.
“I’ll get cha hooked up.” Sidney was a great help setting up, and for that I’m very thankful. It only took fifteen minutes and I was ready to head out. “Want me to carry this box out for you?” he asked holding the edge of the box.
“No, thanks, I’ll get it tomorrow. Thank you for everything, Sidney.”
“No worries. See you tomorrow at practice.” He pulled me into an unexpected hug and handed me my jacket. “Drive safely.”

1 comment:

  1. Aw Sidney is such a charmer.
    Oh and Marc, so impatient. Haha. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete